Nate’s Grandma & Great Aunt sent him a Little Tikes Cozy Truck to brighten his tough week. It worked. He loves his truck!
It’s been a wild, wild week at our house. If you follow Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free on Facebook you might have seen my sweet Nate on an ambulance stretcher. We took him to the ER and they transported him to another hospital. He spent his first night in the hospital after a nasty stomach bug left him dehydrated. I always have coconut water on hand for any stomach upset – it tastes so much better than Pedialyte, is completely natural and great for hydration. But, this time Nate couldn’t keep anything down at all. It was so scary seeing my tiny little man with an IV. Joe and I were so grateful that he got the care he needed and bounced back quickly.
I stayed at the hospital with Nate and Joe was home with Luke. It was heartbreaking to be away from Luke (he’s just 7 weeks old!) but I needed to be with Nate. Any other mommas experience that angst? My mom always says that being a mom is hard. I agree. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It’s also the biggest blessing of my life.
I’ve been reading a lot of spiritual literature lately. It was actually Lifeclass that prompted me to dig a little deeper right now. I don’t know about you, but I find that I’m a much better person and a better mom when I’ve been filling my heart and soul with God.
- Ricki Heller’s new book, Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free, is available in the US. I just got my copy and it’s gorgeous. I am so excited to dig into her recipes.
- I have a new Pinterest board – Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes! Some of my girlfriends are pinning along with me. If you want to join in, leave your pin name in the comments and I’ll add you.
- I Declare by Joel Osteen has been the first thing I read every morning for the past week. I have walked through a very tough week with a very light heart because my morning readings have kept me focused on God and the solution. I never really felt that books like this, with affirmations, worked for me because I felt like I was lying to myself. But I had an ‘ah-ha!’ moment when Joel said that the declarations are stating how God sees us, not how we see us. I can finally affirm with absolute certainty.
- For bloggers or those of you want to start a blog – this week’s ebundle is incredible! I bought it myself. The topics include how to be a blog-at-home-mom, tips for better writing, ways to make money blogging, a blog planning kit, and how to hire blog help. The first book I’m digging into is the blog-at-home-mom. I can always use help in that area.
- Simple Homeschool has an informative post about using everyday life in as part of your curriculum when homeschooling preschoolers. When I taught elementary school, I was never a fan of worksheets and workbooks. This is my kind of teaching and learning.
- Jessica from Life as Mom as some simple, frugal ways to get your me time in. I am so bad at taking 15 minutes to pamper myself because there’s always something else to do. I need a little me time, though.
Have a wonderful weekend!