Happy Two Month Birthday, Luke!
Yes, it’s been two months since my little guy made his way into the world. It’s hard to believe, really. The days just move so quickly. I fall more in love with him every day. Being a momma is the greatest joy of my life.
Yesterday marked day 1 of #ProjectPantry – my 7 day challenge to spend just 15 minutes a day organizing the space that so often gets neglected. Here is the result of my first 15 minute task. (Ok, I spent 30 minutes because I wiped all the bottles down and I had a very small helper named Nate that created some extra work.) You can see the before picture on my Facebook page. It was quite the mess!
On Facebook, I was asked what I used to create the tiered levels. I bought an expandable shelf several years ago similar to this one.
- It’s about time I started lacto fermenting vegetables. According to Gena at Choosing Raw, it’s quite simple to do without whey. Her post pointed me to a video from Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen which you might want to check out. This is on my to-do list this week.
- For those of you who haven’t yet discovered Balanced Platter, stop by! It’s my other blog. I know you’ll love it.
- Evernote is my very favorite way to keep track of information. I use it mainly when I need to take notes at my computer but I’ve also used it for Christmas lists, the occasional grocery list, and notes at the doctor’s office. Not only is it free, but I’ve loaded it on my laptop, iPhone, & iPad. New notes are synced across all three devices immediately. No more paper scraps to search for.
- If you’re looking for pantry organization ideas, check out this Pinterest board. It’s not mine, but it’s filled with great ideas.
- This week I’ve been reading Natural Baby-Healthy Child, which focuses on ways to keep our kids healthy through diet, homeopathy, integrative medicine, and other natural means. I’ve gotten some ideas I want to implement, including some immune boosters for winter.
- Baby stats artwork! I love this idea for the boys’ room. I think I’ll change the fonts and layout but include all of the same information.
Have an awesome weekend! Make sure to take pics of your #projectpantry tasks, too.