This week was a blur. I looked up and it was Friday. The months of nighttime feedings coupled with Nate being sick last week finally caught up with me and I realized that I could use some extra rest. Well, what clued me in was when I showed up at the chiropractor fully dressed with make-up on, both boys in tow, and I was wearing slippers. (Yes, I did that.)
I’ve also been taking things off of my plate that don’t have a high priority. It’s meant saying ‘no’ – why is that little word so hard to utter? The result has been a momma who is much less stressed and who has a better ability to be present for my kids. We were even talking about what we eat when we don’t make dinner on Facebook this week.
I’m in search of some Lazy Susans for the corners, baskets for loose items, and a nice step stool so I can reach the two highest shelves. Once I find those, I’ll be able to finish up the pantry. If you have pantry organization items you love, please share in the comments!
I’ll share pictures when I’m finished. It feels so good to be putting a little more order in my life.
Some of you have sent your own before and after photos. Others have sent emails about your pantry updates. Have you been working on your pantry? Email me pics – I’d love to see them!
- 12 Free Halloween Printables from The Idea Room. She’s got some great ways to dress up your treats.
- Check out Nuts.com’s list of gluten-free Halloween treats!
- My Chocolate Halloween Cut Out Cookies are on Life Your Way this week.
- I started using Feedly this week. I’m quite smitten with this app! I love how easy it makes keeping up with blogs on my iPad, iPhone, and laptop. It’s a free download on the App store and it syncs across all your devices.
- Have you heard of Origami Owl? My friend, Cara, from Cara’s Cravings has partnered with them to bring unique, customized jewelry to you.
- Tsh at Simple Mom talks about what it means to focus on your own life and what that looks like for her.
- Grace. We can all use more of it.
- This alphabet sequencing activity is a little too advanced for Nate but I’m bookmarking it. The printables are free and adorable!
- More free printables from Me & Marie Learning. These activities focus on the color orange.
We just might venture out this weekend after almost two weeks of nesting at home while Nate recovered. Regardless, I’ll be with my three favorite guys. I can’t ask for more than that.