Downtime! Oh, how I miss it!!
With two little ones under 19 months life is all about hustle, hustle, hustle. I am proud to say that I’m adjusting much better than I’d anticipated.
Before Luke was born, I found FlyLady.net. I used many of her suggestions to help me establish better routines and home management practices. Joe and I are both a little obsessive when it comes to how we keep our house. But, I don’t have a natural knack for running a household in terms of routines. Anyone with kids will tell you routines are necessary.
I’ve spent the last couple of weeks working the kinks out of our daily routines and they’re starting to fall into place. Tonight the house was in order for tomorrow by 9:00 pm, which is a huge improvement. I actually had a little downtime (and that’s when I wrote this post!). Thank you, FlyLady! It’ll only get better from here.
Here’s a little peek into what I’ve been browsing this week:
Weekend Cooking & Recipes
- For your weekend cooking enjoyment, you should treat yourself to my friend Ricki Heller’s new book, Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free. I have a copy and I love it! Ricki and I have the same passion for healthy desserts. If you love my recipes, you’ll love Ricki’s too.
- When I was pregnant I had a huge aversion to kale. Now that Luke is here, I’m ready to bulk up on one of my favorite greens with the help of Hallie Klecker’s latest ebook for Kindle, Crazy for Kale.
- Chocolate Buttercream made with sweet potatoes – this is Ricki Heller’s recipe. You’ll love it! It’s on my Pinterest Plant Based Board.
- Did you miss my post about 25 Time-Saving, Freezer-Friendly Recipes? It’s a must!
- I’ve been adding to my Halloween Fun board. I’m not at the point where I can deck my house out for this holiday, but I’m slowly adding to both my recipe and decoration collection.
- My I Love Gluten-Free Dessert! board is full of tasty treats, including Maggie’s dairy-free, refined sugar-free caramel.
- Do you want your kids to drink green juice? Check out my Gluten-Free Recipes board.