Who doesn’t love gluten-free, refined sugar-free cupcakes? These sweet treats are dairy-free too – and from Elana Amsterdam’s new cookbook, Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made with Almond and Coconut Flour, which will be released tomorrow.
I’ve had a chance to page through Elana’s book one recipe at a time and I have to say I’m not only impressed but excited. There are so many delicious gluten-free cupcakes just waiting to be baked, and something for every season. Some of my favorites include:
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Fig Cupcakes
- Banana Split Cupcakes
There’s no lack of frostings, either. From rich dairy-based Cream Cheese Frosting to Vegan Coconut Whip, there’s a variety of recipes that will fit the needs of anyone’s dietary needs.
I opted to make her Strawberry Cupcakes, mostly because we’ve had gorgeous berries at the market. These little gems are made with coconut flour. If you read my blog regularly, you know that my husband doesn’t like coconut. In fact, I’ve seen him wash his mouth out when he gets even a hint of coconut in his mouth.
Well, he walked into the kitchen and saw a line of beautifully baked cupcakes fresh out of the oven. He picked one up, smelled it, smiled, peeled back the paper, and took a bite. And another. And another. No coconut. Just delicious and full of fresh, summer strawberry flavor.
I topped these cupcakes with Elana’s Strawberry Meringue Frosting, which is every bit as yummy as the cupcakes.
You can get Elana’s book at the special pre-order price that’s less than $10. What a steal! Pre-order prices always go up, so ordering today ensures you’ll get the book before everyone else at a great price.
Also, Check out CentrSource where you can find great deals on gluten-free cookbooks.
The Give-Away (NOW CLOSED)
- Leave a comment
- Visit Amazon.com and Look Inside Gluten-Free Cupcakes – share something you’d like to make here
- Share this give-away on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment that you shared it
- Like SS&GF and/or Elana’s Pantry on Facebook & leave a comment that you did
- Subscribe to SS&GF and/or Elana’s Pantry. Leave a comment.
This give-away is open to continental US & Canadian residents only. Contest will close on Sunday, May 1st at 11:59 pm CST.
This recipe is from Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Make with Almond and Coconut Flour by Elana Amsterdam, ElanasPantry.com. It is reprinted with permission from Ten Speed Press.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of cupcake with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 1 hour, then frost and serve.