Welcome back – another Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, my favorite weekly celebration of fabulous food made healthier.
I’m a little late today on the post – I went on a much needed mental vacation and blanked on everything. I guess that’s what happens when you go full tilt for months on end. Balanced I am not. Maybe someday I’ll get there.
I’ve been in the kitchen every second I can since school is out. No studying, no recipe cards, no papers. Just me, the ingredients, and some form of heat. My mind and soul quiet. Hours can go by and I don’t notice at all.
Yesterday I posted some quick and simple fudgy brownies made with palm sugar. They’re fabulous right out of the oven and even have that neat crispy crust similar to brownies made with white sugar. I’m having too much fun with palm sugar lately. It’s low glycemic, packed with nutrients, and it makes baking without white sugar so much easier.
Last Week’s Healthier Happenings
It’s hard to only mention a few…it seems each week talent increases exponentially. I learned a little about a new veggie in this Ginger Soy Yu Chou post from Kitchen Operas. Lauren made an intriguing Strawberry Rhubarb Tapioca Pudding Cake and Michelle shared a mostly fruit sweetened Almond, Honey & Pear Cake.
- My blogging contest is still going on at FoodSpring.com – PLEASE if you haven’t taken the time to swing by and vote, do so. I’m the only gluten-free blogger in the bunch. Winning would be a big plus for the gluten-free blogging community.
- Diane’s 30 Days to a Food Revolution is still going on at The W.H.O.L.E. Gang. I shared a guest post yesterday on Progress, Not Perfection. My favorite bloggers have been sharing their real food tips over the last month. Make sure to stop by – you’ll learn something.
- Look for a post about the National Restaurant Show I attended last week – there were many gluten-free vendors with quality products I want to share with you.
- Linda, everyone’s favorite Gluten-Free Homemaker, hosts Gluten-Free Wednesdays every week. I am going to link up tomorrow with a different post from my brownies and I hope to see you there, too.
- Congrats to reader Irene Clark – she’s the winner of the Ricki Heller Sweet Freedom give-away. Ricki also authors the brilliant blog, Diet, Dessert, and Dogs. If you haven’t purchased Ricki’s healthier cookbooks (that was recently featured on Canada AM) you can do so here.
- Ricki also hosts a S.O.S. Challenge every month with Kim from Affairs of Living. This month’s challenge is rhubarb. Ricki and I correspond frequently and never once has she mentioned this fabulous event – she’s a humble soul. I’m excited to take part in this event.
Linking Up Guidelines!!
- When you link, please tell us who you are and what you’re cooking. For example, I might enter:
Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free – (Fudgy Brownies)
- Please link to your individual post, not your homepage and link back to this post so that your readers can find the recipes here.
I hate deleting links but some get deleted every week.
If you find that your link has been deleted it’s because it doesn’t link to your post or you haven’t linked back here. E-mail me with questions or if you need help.