I can’t help but think of all the fresh produce that’s rolling into the local markets. Last week I brought home our first strawberries and blackberries of the season and, my oh my, did they taste good.
Last Week’s Healthier Highlights
If you’re at a total loss about what to eat today don’t worry – last week we had it all.
- For breakfast, gluten-free fruited scones – perfect for Mother’s Day!
- At lunch, try a green salad or steamed veggies with Millet “Couscos”.
- Not sure about dinner? Try this gluten-free Veggie Lasagna.
- Dessert..everyone’s favorite. Try these moist and dense “Everything Free Brownies.”
A must have method for cooking fish perfectly every time – Fish en Papillote. Check it out and let me know what you think. Better yet, make it tonight and see for yourself why I think this is a must for every cook who wants to eat healthier.
Other Happenings this week…
- Spring Cleaning is still going on. Stop by and see what Kelly the Kitchen Kop has to say about getting rid of the CAFO’s – Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations. Katie at Kitchen Stewardship has a great post about this, too. If you don’t know much about this, try renting the movie Fresh. It’ll open your eyes.
- My good friend, Jenn – aka The Leftover Queen, is also the mastermind behind The Foodie Blogroll. If you haven’t joined yet, I strongly recommend you do. It’s a great resource for all foodies with forums, give-aways, and fantastic new products. Best of all, Jenn works hard to promote the members. This is a good way to get more exposure for your blog.
- I’m teaching two classes if you’re in the Dallas area – Healthier Baking Sugar & Gluten-Free and Healthier Frozen Desserts – Sugar & Gluten-Free. Registration just opened – the last class sold out so make sure to sign up soon.
Linking Up Guidelines!!
- When you link, please tell us who you are and what you’re cooking. For example, I would enter:
Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free – (Fish en Papillote)
- Please link to your individual post, not your homepage and link back to this post so that your readers can find the recipes here.
I hate deleting links but some get deleted every week.
If you find that your link has been deleted it’s because it doesn’t link to your post or you haven’t linked back here. E-mail me with questions or if you need help.