Christmas is in full swing! I’ve decided to keep it simple this year. Realistically, there are 24 hours in a day and most of those hours are occupied by my two favorite guys, Nate and Luke. I’d rather stay sane and present than make myself crazy doing every possible holiday decoration, event and recipe that I can cram in.
Instead of a cookie baking frenzy, (I will bake some cookies, mind you!) I’ve been putting together a home management binder that works for my life and my brain. I didn’t understand why they were necessary until I had kids and then, gosh, I realized I needed something that could hold all of the things I used to hold in my head.
In the long run, life will run smoother for us. We’re still quite festive at our house. I’m just keeping things in perspective.
And, I’ll be browsing your recipes for Christmas dinner inspiration. I’m making a change this year. We’re doing a big Christmas Eve dinner and eating leftovers and a few special dishes I’ll have prepared ahead of time so I can actually spend the day playing with the kids and their new toys instead of in the kitchen preparing a meal. I want our kids to remember fun holidays that were centered on family.
Any special plans in the works for you? Enjoy the dishes shared today! And, thank you for being here!
Last Week’s Healthier Highlights
- Deep Dish Apple Pear Tart from Sweetly Raw
- Butter Beer – Pumpkin Apple Cider from Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Soul Satisfying Rosemary Roasted Almonds from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes from Made to Glow
- Raw Peppermint Bark Brownies from Oatmeal with a Fork
- Chocolate Caramel Cups from Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes
Linking Up Guidelines:
- If you leave a link in the comments, my blog will automatically mark it as spam.
- Please link back to this post NOT A STATIC “BLOG PARTY PAGE” so that your readers can find the recipes here.
- Link to your individual post, NOT your home page.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be sugar-free or gluten-free – just healthier in some way. The idea is to share our ideas and inspire each other in the kitchen.
- When you link, please tell us what you’re sharing.
- Check out the Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Board on Pinterest.