I love a really good cup of coffee. I usually drink my coffee black, but when it got cold a few months ago I started making spiced mocha as an afternoon treat. It gives me an excuse to take a quick relaxation break and satisfies my sweet tooth.
I use stevia as the sweetener. For those of you who’ve tried stevia and hated it – don’t close the page yet. For years I reserved stevia only for drinks and desserts I was going to eat myself. As a sugar alternative, I liked it well enough but hadn’t found a brand that didn’t have a bitter, licorice-like aftertaste.
Enter NuNaturals Stevia.
The V.P. of marketing contacted me a few months ago and asked if I’d give their product a try. I was hesitant but agreed mostly because he was such a nice guy. Was I ever in for a pleasant surprise!
The NuNaturals Difference
I’ve been thrilled to have a non-glycemic, non-caloric sugar alternative that I can serve without worrying about offending my guests. I’ve used their stevia in many different recipes –
- Orange Quinoa Muffins with Currants
- Herbs de Provence Chicken Marinade
- Protein Packed Breakfast Pancakes
Non-bitter and completely smooth, NuNaturals stevia has fooled even my picky husband. He even requested that I pack the Orange Quinoa Muffins in his lunch.
If you don’t know much about stevia, it’s sweetness is much more concentrated than sugar – a little goes a long way. It might seem expensive but it’s actually quite economical. A 2 ounce bottle lasts several months.
Have fun with this simple mocha mix. Add your favorite spices to make it your own.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- liquid vanilla stevia to taste for each cup of mocha (I use 8 – 10 drops.)
- Mix cocoa powder, espresso powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To make one cup of spiced mocha, place 8 – 10 ounces of nearly boiling water in a mug. Add a heaping spoonful of spiced mocha mix. Stir until dissolved. Sweeten with vanilla stevia to taste.
Last Week’s iHerb.com Winner as determined by Random.org:
Congrats to Shirley at Gluten Free Easily! Enjoy your shopping spree!
This Week’s Give-Away!
NuNaturals is going to give 4 readers:
Here’s how to enter:
- Vist the NuNaturals website and leave a comment telling me what you’d like to try.
- Tweet about this give-away with a link and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Post about the give-away on your blog with a link back and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Subscribe to my feed either via RSS or e-mail – leave a comment so I know.
- Follow me on Twitter – again, leave a comment.
- Add me to your friends on Facebook with a comment.
This give-away is open only to residents in the continental United States (sorry!!) and will be open until Sunday, January 31st at 8:00 pm CST.
Boring Full Disclosure Statement: I did receive free products from NuNaturals. I am not being paid to share their products with my readers. Instead, I am sharing them because I like them and use them on a regular basis.