This Christmas Joe and I are taking it easy, so instead of pretending like I’m making a huge, lavish dinner (because I’m not!) I thought I’d share some of our favorite dishes, the ones I make over and over again.
I’ve been asked for a post like this so many times, but when my friend Selina (Creative Juices for Decor) sent me a request with a suggested format I couldn’t say no.
The truth is that I’ve been working on my book all month long and really, I’m exhausted. I was thrilled to have her do the thinking for me on this one…I just had to fill in the blanks.
So here you are…
Our Favorite Things
- Apple & Carrot Breakfast Cake
- Cottage Cheese & Fruit Salad
- Eggs Poached in Curried Tomatoes with Quinoa (makes a great dinner, too!)
- Mushroom Frittata (another great anytime meal)
- Rustic Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Whole Grain Belgian Waffles
- Black Bean Brownies
- Baked Quinoa Pudding with Raisins
- Carrot Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- French Apple Tart
- Healthier, Scoopable Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chicken, Mushroom, & Brown Rice Baked with Leeks (One of Joe’s Favs)
- Curried Lentils & Rice
- Ratatouille & Chickpea Pancakes (Socca)
- Salmon & Lentils
Frosting & Toppings:
Snacks & Starters:
Sides & Salads:
- Berry Salad
- Chicken & Butternut Squash Spinach Salad
- Mac & Cheese (at the top of Joe’s list!)
- Oven Baked Brown Rice
- Oven Baked Polenta
- Roasted Winter Vegetables
Soups & Stocks:
Other Fun Stuff:
More Favs from Bloggers
- Gluten-Free Goddess shares her Top 10 Recipes from 2010
A Gluten-Free Holiday Winners!
Congrats to the following ladies:
Jeanine, from The Baking Beauties, Julie, and Jamie
Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free: 120 Easy and Delicious Recipes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less by me
Marsha, Nina & Joan
You can still pre-order Stephanie’s book at a special price at Amazon.com. (I did!)
Wishing you and your families a safe, peaceful, joy-filled Christmas. Cherish every moment. This Christmas will only happen once.
I’ll be back on Tuesday with my favorite post of the week – can’t wait to see what Slightly Indulgent recipes everyone has to share. I also have another incredible gluten-free cookbook to share – The Spunky Coconut Grain-Free Baked Goods and Desserts: Gluten Free, Casein Free, and Often Egg Free. I’ve fallen in love with this book and I know you will too.