It’s the time of year when as a country we start to reflect on things we’re grateful for. I’ve learned to count my blessings all year long. But, when the holidays roll around the my feelings of gratitude widen to include so much more than the things I think about on a daily basis.
This year especially we’ve had so many things that have blessed our lives, all because of this little guy.
We went to the Dallas Arboretum to snap some fun fall pics. I got Nate nestled into the pumpkins and looked up – there were a slew of people behind us ohhing and ahhing. Some even asked if they could take pics of our kid. He’s just that cute. I still can’t believe he came from me and Joe.
And, we had to get some pics with Mommy. This was my favorite. Look at those almond shaped eyes! My little charmer.
And Daddy just had to get the classic shot with Nate on his shoulders. I love these two guys more than life itself. I would do anything, anything for them. Sometimes I look at the two of them together and think, “There is my heart.”
My Top 5 List
In keeping with my Thanksgiving tradition here at SS&GF, I’ll share my top 5 things I’m grateful for and, if you’re willing, I’d love for you to do the same.
- I’m grateful for my God, my relationship with Him, and how He works in my life.
- I’m grateful for my husband and the willingness we both have to work daily to have a full, loving relationship and a warm, caring home.
- I’m grateful for Nate, our biggest blessing ever! I am so grateful I get to stay home with him and be a part of everything he does, from crawling, to throwing fits, to cuddling up in my arms. I wouldn’t trade these days for anything.
- I’m grateful for my dear, sweet friends and family. We are blessed with so many people who love and support us. You have helped us through the beginning of parenthood in such a meaningful way.
- I’m grateful for my work, though it’s changed so much since Nate was born. It’s a blessing to be able to mold my passions into a career that is flexible enough to let me stay at home and take care of my family. This includes YOU – my cherished blog readers who have hung in with me through maternity leave, infrequent posts due to sleepless nights and busy days with Nate. THANK YOU for all your love, support, readership, emails, and comments. It never fails that one of you leaves just the right comment on a day when I need it most.
It’s your turn – what are you grateful for? Share one, five, or ten things in the comments…gratitude multiplies and creates more good. Try it. You’ll see.