Gluten-free PB & Jelly with a twist…
Several months back I was asked to join the Peanut Butter & Company’s All-Star Blogger Team and develop some recipes using their product. I turned them down, explaining I can’t eat white sugar so I really couldn’t be of help.
I got an immediate reply from Lee Zalben, also known as The Peanut Butter Guy, stating that all their peanut butter is gluten-free and their Old-Fashioned Creamy & Old Fashioned Crunchy are sugar-free. They really wanted to include gluten-free recipes.
I automatically liked him.
The Peanut Butter Guy is actually the founder & President of PB & Co. I liked him even more when I figured out that he was in charge and felt strongly enough about his vision to contact me himself.
They’ve put together a team of 7 All-Star Blogger’s including little ol’ me and:
- Brownie of Blondie & Brownie
- Caroline Wright of The Wright Recipes
- Caroline Yoder of The Broccoli Hut
- Jessie Oleson of Cakespy.com
- Kelsey Banfield of The Naptime Chef
- Marc Matsumoto of No Recipes
As if it wasn’t cool enough that the The Peanut Butter Guy was committed to serving the gluten-free community, he also makes sure that his company does a whole lot of good. Some of their philanthropic work includes:
- City Harvest – A program that helps feed over 260,000 hungry New Yorkers
- Central Park Conservatory – Helps to keep NYC’s Central Park beautiful
- Kiva – A program that helps support entrepreneurs in the food, hospitality, & agriculture industries
- Terracycle – A company working to reduce carbon footprints
- Made in the USA – PB & Co. only uses peanuts grown in the US and work with the National Peanut Board to support locally grown peanuts
AND they support the TWENTEY12 Cycling Team. Yep, it’s one cool company.
They’ll be posting another recipe in the next two weeks – it’s a healthier Halloween treat. I’ll be sure to share a link when it’s live.