I’m not so great at marketing…it never occurred to me that I should update you about my journey as a soon-to-be cookbook author. After many inquiries, I decided a post was in order to let you know what’s been whirling in and out of my kitchen.
So What’s In the Book???
Quick & simple recipes with a little bit of everything, including starters, snacks, spreads, soups, muffins, crepes, waffles, entrees, cookies, crisps, crumbles, cakes, and frozen desserts.
So often I get e-mails from people wondering what in the world they should eat when going SS&GF. I remember how difficult that period of time was for me, when I was figuring out what fit into the SS&GF diet and what didn’t. I was scared to go to parties or out to lunch with friends. Even going to the grocery store made my head spin.
Instead of ‘just desserts’ I wanted to offer you solutions for living SS&GF – and solutions that are simple and easy to implement. I’ve kept the ingredient list to those things you can easily access and used the most budget friendly foods possible.
I’m also including an extensive list of my favorite gluten-free, sugar-free foods to help take the guess work out of grocery shopping.
I know how busy you are. You should be able to make nearly every recipe in the book with 20 minutes of hands-on time once you have the necessary ingredients and equipment assembled.
In all, there will be over 120 recipes to choose from. And, YES, there are dairy-free, vegan, CrockPot, soy-free, nut-free, stevia-sweetened recipes included.
Many dishes are ‘naturally’ gluten-free, (perfect for anyone – gluten-free or not!) including:
- French Onion Soup – you’ll never believe how easy & tasty this is
- Chicken & Wild Rice – one of Joe’s favorites
- Quinoa Meatloaf
- Swiss Chard & Mushrooms with Brown Rice Linguini
- Multi-Grain Breakfast Cereal
- Pear & Spinach Salad with Lemon Truffle Dressing & Toasted Walnuts
- Chocolate Almond Butter (this is so easy and so darn good…)
And, of course the coveted SS&GF baked goods & desserts, including:
- Chocolate & Vanilla Cake Donuts
- Blueberry Almond Quinoa Bars
- Carob Chip Cookies – my personal favorite
- Double Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Fig & Date Walnut Bars
- Chocolate Hazelnut & Almond Anise Biscotti
- Crepes – both sweet & savory
- Apple Spice Muffins with Quinoa Flakes
- Almond Butter Fudge Pops
A Mix of Old & New
With a mix of the most popular recipes I’ve already shared and many more that I’ve never published, my book has the best of both worlds. Many of the recipes that have made an appearance on SS&GF have gotten a makeover – either made a little healthier or tweaked to work with the same flour blend as the new recipes I’ve developed for my book.
Recipe Testers Needed!
If you’ve got a sense of adventure and would like to give one (or more…) of the recipes in my book a test run, please leave a comment below after reading the following requirements:
- Please use the ingredients and follow directions as stated in the recipe. If you do make substitutions, please note your exact changes and include them with the recipe review form I send you.
- Please respond within 3 weeks of receiving the recipe with honest feedback, including what worked, what didn’t, and any suggestions for improvement.
- You agree to not publish or share the recipe in any fashion. (Kind of like being sworn to secrecy…)
- If you have specific food allergies and can only test a certain type of food – ie – dairy free – let me know when you leave a comment.
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help!
The Most Important Part of this Post
I have grown to love each and every one of you. I treasure your comments, your feedback, your questions. I adore the ideas you share and the suggestions you make. I even have a special folder in my in-box where I save every reader e-mail. They come in handy on tough days.
Without you, this book would have never been possible. Honestly, it still amazes me that you read my blog. I’m grateful beyond words for how you’ve changed my life.
My gratitude for bringing so much joy into my days.
Update 9/13/10….I’m so sorry but due to the huge number of volunteers, I’m currently unable to add anyone else to the recipe tester list. If anything changes I will let you know. If you volunteered before 9/13 you should hear from me within the next few weeks.