This week I have a special edition of Slightly Indulgent Tuesday to share with you. I’m one of viagra professional no prescription 50 bloggers participating in Share Our Table, a 7 Day Progressive Dinner in efforts to raise money for Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
Before I get to the yummy recipe I want you to think about the bays.com role food plays in your life. Think about the joy that’s brought to your holiday table when it’s set with the foods your family loves.
Then, think about the love and care you put into every day food. Think about the healthier lunches for your children or husband. Think about the time and effort you put into planning and preparing dinner.
Now think about how it would feel if you weren’t able to provide these things for your family, how it would feel to know that your child was going hungry. No food, no family meals. None of of the love that goes along with it.
Think about how it would feel to be that child, going to school every day hungry. Think about how that same child must feel coming home every night, knowing the alliedexpress.com.au next meal won’t be until they get to school the next morning.
Share Our Strength is working to overcome this. They are committed to making sure no child in America goes hungry. You can help.
- Join nearly 20,000 others and Take the No Kid Hungry Pledge. It costs nothing and you can help raise awareness for this cause.
- Donate the amount of your choice. This takes about 5 minutes. You can give as little or as much as you choose.
Joe and http://sinferj.com.br/cheap-levitra-pills I donate monthly to Share Our Strength. We never miss the money and we always feel good about helping kids who otherwise might not have dinner.
My friend, Selina, from Creative Juices for Decor requested a healthier eggnog recipe and I was happy to the best place oblige. (Selina is one of the most talented and creative decorators I’ve ever seen…I am definitely adding some of her ideas to my home.)
There’s no alcohol in my version but if you need some rum go ahead and add the perfect amount for you. You’ll also notice I opted for a cooked version. Here’s why: it’s always smart to serve cooked eggs to guests, especially children, the elderly, and anyone who has a weakened immune system. I don’t ever want my food to be the cause of someone getting sick.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 1/2 cups low-fat milk*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia plus 15 – 20 drops to taste
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Whisk together egg yolks and agave in a heavy bottom medium sized sauce pan. Slowly whisk in milk, then add in cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia, and cloves. Heat over medium low for 10 – 15 minutes, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and will coat the corethics.org back of a spoon. If using an instant read thermometer, it should reach 165°F.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl or pitcher and vegreenline.org whisk in heavy cream.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or, preferably, overnight. Remove cloves before serving and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Will keep for 5 – 6 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
I used 1% milk. If you want an even lighter version, use skim. If you want richer egg nog, use whole milk.
Visit these Other Share Our Table Drink Posts:
NEW Linking Up Guidelines: PLEASE Read!
- Please link back to http://trackingwonder.com/where-to-get-cialis-cheap this post so that your readers can find the recipes here.
- Link to your individual post, NOT your home page.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be sugar-free or gluten-free – just healthier in some way. The idea is to share our ideas and inspire each other in the kitchen.
- Please don’t link give-aways and book reviews without recipes or contests – the intent of this event is to compile recipes that give people options.
- ONLY ONE post per blog, please!
- (Optional) When you link, please tell us who you are and what you’re cooking. For example, I might enter:
Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free (Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti)
This linky list is now closed.