I fell in love with cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving – and my version is healthy, gluten-free, and sugar-free. And it’s a perfect addition to our Gluten-Free Holiday Entrees & Sides hosted this week by Diane from The W.H.O.L.E. Gang. Stop by her place for a fabulous holiday recipes and a change to win some of my favorite gluten-free cookbooks! (More details below…)
For those of you that have been asking for recipes without agave, this is for you. It’s sweetened with natural apple juice concentrate, clementine juice, and stevia.
I’d never had cranberry sauce in my life, but Joe mentioned that he likes it and, as you know, what Joe wants, he usually gets.
We had some friends over for Thanksgiving and they’re not gluten-free or sugar-free, so I was so nervous they’d be disappointed in the food. My nerves went up a notch when one of them mentioned how much they loved cranberry sauce.
Well, my friends loved everything, including the cranberry sauce. In fact, they took the leftovers home with them along with some of my Healthier, Scoopable Vanilla Ice Cream, which they’re still talking about. I just made my 3rd batch…we eat it on ice cream, with leftover turkey, and I put some on my Almost Pumpkin Pie. Like I said, I’m in love.
I know this is more of a Thanksgiving dish than a Christmas dish, but if you’re roasting a turkey for Christmas, make sure to add this to your table.
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed clementine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Put the fresh squeezed juice, water, thawed juice concentrate, stevia, and cinnamon in a heavy-bottom medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil uncovered, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 – 8 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in cranberries and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries have cooked down and sauce starts to become jelly-like.
- Store in a pint mason jar in the refrigerator. Keeps for up to two weeks (if it lasts that long!)
A Gluten-Free Holiday Give-Aways
Here’s what we’ve got for you at Diane’s place - so jump on over and leave a comment!
- Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom has a gluten-free Christmas Cookie for you today as part of our 12 Days of Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies!
- Fox’s MasterChef with Chef Gordon Ramsey has an open call for season 2 in Dallas this weekend. Get the details here.
- Win 1 of 2 $25 gift cards from iHerb.com at our kick-off for 12 Days of Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies!
- Silvana Nardone’s Gluten-Free Holiday Cookie Countdown is going on all month – with lots of great give-aways.