Welcome to Holiday Food Fest’s 4th week! We’re sharing Holiday Cocktails, Mocktails, and Appetizers today. I am so excited to see what everyone’s been creating for their upcoming celebrations.
It’s always fun on the holidays to have a special drink to serve guests. We don’t drink alcohol at all – nor do I cook with it. So, instead of a real martini, I made a ‘Mocktini’ that anyone can enjoy. It would be a fun dessert drink for after dinner.
I made this a little healthier – but still indulgent enough for the holidays. I used almond milk because it adds just enough richness while still being low in calories and low glycemic. The stevia adds a smooth sweetness and is non-glycemic. Use regular or decaf – it’s up to you. Brew the coffee ahead of time so you have time to chill it.
You can add your own twist by using more or less coffee. Or, you can substitute milk, water, half and half, or any other nut milk for the almond milk. I haven’t tried it with ice cream yet, but I’m sure it would be divine. (You know I love anything with ice cream!)
Although it uses ice, this drink isn’t icy at all – make sure you blend the drink long enough for the ice to melt. It makes a really cold, smooth sugar free, gluten free ‘martini’ with a fun layer of whipped coffee and milk on the top. I am excited to have a fun alternative to alcohol this Christmas. I hope you like this drink as much as I do.
- 1 1/4 cup double strength brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons carob or chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 20 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Place ingredients into your blender or Vitamix in the order they’re listed in the recipe. Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute until the color is uniform and ice has melted completely.
- This isn’t an icy drink – the ice just makes it really smooth and cold.
Last Week’s Winner
Next Thursday Holiday Food Fest will be hosted by Shirley from Gluten-Free Easily. Get your holiday dish ready – anything holiday goes. A jar of Gold Label Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions will go to one lucky participant.
The Give-Away from Honeyville Grain!
This week we’ll have two winners instead of one thanks to the generosity of Honeyville Grain. I’m so excited to be able to share these quality products with you – things any kitchen diva would love to have! The two prizes are:
- a 5 pound bag of blanched almond flour
- a gift assortment including a 5 pound bag of top-quality flax seed, gourmet hot cocoa, and freeze dried apples
The winners must live in the lower 48 US states. (Sorry to our other friends!)
There are many ways to enter:
- Link your holiday cocktail, mocktail, or appetizer AND link back to this post. (Link as many relevant posts as you choose.)
- Leave a comment.
- Tweet about this give-away and leave a comment telling me that you did.
- Post about this give-away on your blog, link back to this post, and leave a comment telling me you did.
When you link, please tell us who you are and what you’re making. For example, I’d enter:
Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free (Chocolate Coffee “Martinis”)
And, please make sure to link back to this post so that your readers can find the other recipes here.