For some, school is already back in session, and it’s just around the corner for others. Here’s a round-up of recipes that are great for packing in school (or work) lunches. Because our schedules can be so full, I’ve also included some easy slow-cooker recipes to help you on those busy nights!
Also, be sure to check out these 8 Tips for Packing a Healthy Gluten-Free Lunch. Don’t forget that you can add a special note to that lunchbox — Life as MOM has a free “lunch box love note” printable for you to download and use.
- Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread with Sourdough Starter from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Egg-Free Soy-Free Mayo / Vegetable Dip from Whole New Mom
- Homemade Nut & Seed Butters from Whole New Mom
- Mock Tuna Salad from Diet, Dessert, and Dogs (photo shown above)
Soups – Put soup in a thermos for a warm lunch!
- Rustic Potato Leek Soup from Go Dairy Free
- Rustic Vegetable Soup from She Let Them Eat Cake
- Tomato Cannellini Bean Soup from The Balanced Platter (photo shown above)
- Apple Chips from Daily Bites Blog (photo shown above)
- Lemony Black Eyed Pea Hummus from The Balanced Platter
- Savory Gluten-Free and Vegan Crackers from She Let Them Eat Cake (photo shown above)
- Vanilla & Toasted Coconut Bars from The Balanced Platter
Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Dinners
- Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Chili from Daily Bites Blog
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast from Tasty Eats at Home
- Sugar-Free Pulled Barbecue Chicken from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
What are your tried & true lunch-packing strategies?