Our Thanksgiving menu is pretty standard now that I have the kinks worked out. Since we’re going to be at home this year, I’m making my usual roasted turkey with Barefoot Contessa’s recipe, a glazed ham, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, oven roasted Brussels sprouts, and an apple crisp, using the recipe in my book. And, of course I’m making cranberry sauce!
I usually make bread but I think I’ll skip it this year. I’m going to be lucky to get dinner on the table with my sweet boys to take care of. And, I’m not adding anything new. There’s no need to mess with what works.
It took me a few tries to get the ham just right, and I’m hoping to snap a pic so I can share the recipe for your Christmas menu. It’s Joe’s all-time favorite ham recipe so I’m sure it’ll be a hit at your house too.
Here are some other ideas for you to ponder in case you need something new for your table.
- Cinnamon Roasted Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts
- Fig & Almond Cake
- Not Just Any Old Hummus
- Easy Hummus Trio
- Spicy Roasted Cashews
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Crispy Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy, Sweet, and Savory Cornbread Dressing
- Oven Braised Collard Greens
- Roasted Winter Vegetables
Salad Dressings & Sauces
- Cranberry Clementine Sauce
- Buttermilk Dill Ranch Dressing
- Blueberry Pomegranate Dressing
- Lower-Fat Vinaigrette
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- French Apple Tart
- Grain Free Orange Cake
- Individual Pumpkin Spice Cheesecakes
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Triple Berry Coconut Cake
- Flaky Pie Crust (recipe below Apple Tart)
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust